The Integrated Quality Management Source, or iQMS as it has come to be known, was developed as an urgent replacement for an enterprise quality system. At the time it was built solid but only with the very minimum number of features due to the time constraints. Since then a number of features have been added that put it on par with any enterprise quality system on the market.
The system consists of all of the features necessary to be considered an enterprise quality solution, including:
- Both role and module-based user security administration, complete with quality certification association and filtering
- Non-Conformance Report creation, search, export and edit
- 8 Dimension Corrective Action creation, search, export and edit
- 7 Dimension Corrective Action creation, search, export and edit
- Preventive Action creation, search, export and edit
- Minimal Corrective Action creation, search, export and edit
- Opportunities For Improvement creation, search, export and edit
- Customer Action creation, search, export and edit
- Supplier communication initiation and tracking
- Supplier product deviation request creation, review and tracking
- Secure and direct external supplier access to relevant data
- User feedback and request tracking
- Child task creation and association to elements throughout the system
- User-specific dashboard filtering and notification
- User-friendly navigation, including quick search and captive results paging features
- On-demand canned reporting with user-specific parameter memory
- Shareable, user-defined queries for each document type
- Both import and export API-based integration with external systems
- Secure, business-unit-based administration of reference elements
- Interactive display of real-time visual graphical metrics
- and much more...
Not only are system integration tasks exposed to administrators but control of when and how frequently those tasks occur is also provided.
The landing page automatically filters documents of interest throughout the system to promote ease of use and minimize time required to find items of personal responsibility.
A fly-out navigation panel makes it quick and easy to return to recently viewed documents or to navigate among items of personal responsibility regardless of which screen is currently being viewed.
Visual indicators, one of which is displayed here, are filterable and interactive. In this view clicking on a pie section would open a list of NCR documents corresponding to the section selected.
As is common of essentially professionally-written business systems end users have full control over user access and configuration. What makes iQMS user administration a bit more special is the mix of management simplicity with granularity of access control. For instance, a given user can be given access to one or several business units/locations, one, several or no regulatory control document type and one or many application roles. The combination of possibilities makes granting appropriate permissions straightforward without creating a rights management nightmare.
Every drop down selection or other reference element in any managed document type is maintainable by an authorized administrator. In this visual we see an example of the straightforward access given to a location administrator to maintain related NCR Liabilities for their given location. A location administrator with access to multiple locations have rights to each of the lists related to any of those locations but nothing more.
In addition to the flexible data access provided by the dynamic search and query features mentioned above a canned report system exists as well to allow simple execution of more complex or standardized reports. Note that criteria options for each of these reports are predefined and vary by report and that a given user's entered selection criteria is remembered and retained until changed or cleared. This module was intentionally designed to be open ended and easy to augment in order to allow reporting needs to vary by business demands.